From ASSOCIATED PRESS:
A Chilean judge on Monday dismissed a criminal case against a prominent priest accused of molesting children. Judge Jessica Gonzalez said the statute of limitations had expired on the crimes that the Rev. Fernando Karadima is accused of committing against three youths. But she said in her ruling that the allegations are "truthful and reliable."
Last year, Chile's Roman Catholic Church was shaken by a series of dramatic televised interviews with the four men who alleged they were abused by the once-influential priest. They said the abuse by Karadima began about 20 years ago when they were between 14 and 17 years old, in his residence at the Sacred Heart of Jesus church in an affluent neighborhood of Santiago.
Karadima is now 81 and the Vatican already has sanctioned him by ordering him to a life of "penitence and prayer."
Cardinal Ricardo Ezzati said, "I'm happy that this is over for everyone."
COMMENT: The arrogance, crassness and downright ignorance of powerful, celibate men never fails to amaze me.